From: Danny <bassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 11:41:38 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Borrah Minevitch Info - as Published by Variety Legitimate of 1925

Variety â Legitimate â January 28, 1925

Borrah Minevitch â What Paderewski is to the piano, Kreisler to the
violin, and Lopez is to jazz, Borrah Minnevitch is to the Harmonica.

Featured soloist with Vincent Lopez in the concert at the Metropolitan
Opera House.

Now featured in Elsie Janisâ âPuzzles of 1925.â

==========

Variety â Legitimate â February 4, 1925

PUZZLES OF 1925

Review in two acts produced Charles Dillingham at the Fulton Feb 2:
material and numbers by Elsie Janis, Blanch Merrill, Bert Kalmar, Harry
Ruby, Vincent Scotto.
Musical numbers staged by Julian Alfred. Elsie Janis starred with Jimmy
Hussey featured, supported by Helen Broderick, Lester Crawford, the
Commanders, Dorothy Appelby, Walter Pidgeon, OâDonnell, Blair and Co.,
DeHaven and Nice, Janet Stone, Shirley Vernon, Cyril Ritchard, Edward
Hickey, Irma and Dorothy Irving, Cortez and Peggy, Georgie Hale, William
Holbrook and Borrah Minnevitch.

A surprise score in the first act was annexed by Borrah Minnevitch, a
harmonica virtuoso; in fact this youngster was the first hit of the
evening. Minnevitch has been something of a novelty around the picture
houses and was groomed by Hugo Riesenfeld. He scored recently at a
Vincent Lopez concert. Minnevitch coaxes real music from his
mouth-organ, and he was called on before the curtains for encore.

--
BassHarp

* Available for Ensemble and/or Session Work
* http://www.bassharp.com/bh_itin.htm
* http://www.bassharp.com/nwht-magnolia.htm
* http://www.bassharp.com/harps4sale.htm