Re: [Harp-L] Summertime on A Diatonic

thanks, Michael.  3rd.  got it.

>>> "michael rubin" <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx> 10/1/2008 6:18 PM >>>
Jim,
If you started on 6 draw, that would be in 3rd position.  The song
begins on the 5th note in the scale.  The middle octave's 3rd
position tonic is 4 draw, the note D on a C harp.  What is the 5th
note in the key of D?
D E F# G A
1  2 3   4  5

A is the 5th note.  A is the name of the note in 6 draw on a C harp.
Therefore if you start Summertime on 6 draw, you are playing 3rd
position.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com