[Harp-L] re: Hendrik Meurkens Newsletter Fall 2008

I have 2 of the harps he will be using on the recording sessions in my shop.  I have to work on the final tunings and have them in the mail Monday.    I don't know who Hohner is taking advice from  when it comes to tuning chromatics but it sure as hell isn't Toots or Hendrik or me.  I've given up trying to guess what A44- setting Hohner uses and retune every chromatic for jazz use to A442 and blues to A441.

I've started a new side line business this year of just retuning new Hohner diatonics and chromatic for customers.
It's not something I look forward to doing or wanted to do. I've advertised tuning harps for years but this is the first year that 90% of my business involved retuning stock harps for pro and semi-pro players.  In the past it has always been retuning harps that have been played for awhile. Not new in the box.

This isn't an ad to promote business.  I'm taking several months off to unwind from a very stressful year after I finish the several tunings I have in the shop.

Mike
www.harmonicarepair.com