[Harp-L] What happens when bending

Rick,
Everything you say makes perfect sense to me EXCEPT the role you attribute to the tongue--"that the tongue works to change the size of the resonating chamber." If that were actually so, how is it that a full time tongue blocker is able to bend?

Minor point: After reading Steve Baker's post, i looked up what the "pharynx" is, and it seems to me that it may actually the pharynx, rather than the larynx (or, perhaps, both) that are involved, But my experience is very much consistent with what you describe as constricting ("choking") the air flow. That's a very good way to describe what i think my "throat" is doing (not that i am the standard by which technique should be judged).

JP