[Harp-L] '65 Princeton Reverb Re-issue

Joe,
Thanks. I stand corrected. What I meant by my inaccurate reference to a "pre-amp stage" is that the PR has Volume and Master Volume controls and the BJ has just a Volume control. The tone of the PR is darker and deeper than the BJ, even after a tube swap on the BJ. The BJ has a Midrange control. The PR does not. Never have swapped tubes on a PR. PR has 2 input jacks (one higher gain and one lower gain). BJ has one.
JP

John, The Princeton has a preamp section as do all tube amps. It just has less gain than the BJ preamp stage. Also, the Princeton has a fixed bias class AB push pull output stage just like the BJ. The BJ can make a pretty good harp amp if the preamp gain is lowered with a tube swap. I would suspect that you would not have to worry about a tube swap in the Princeton due to its lower gain structure. Looks like a real nice amp ! Enjoy. --Joe