RE: [Harp-L] 2nd position only useful in blues?

Am chipping in late here as I've been away.  Second position is incredibly useful in traditional Irish music for playing tunes in Mixolydian mode, of which there are many.  If you can play a tune in second position, you can stick another in first position with it in a set (medley) and sound very clever with your "key changes."    I've just learned the Little Beggarman in second (belatedly!)  All I need now is a first position tune to go either end of it.  Cheers, Brendan!  ;-)
Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354027/direct/01/