Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica for Dummies

Steve Webb wrote:
> I just recently got my book and, as expected, Winslow does a
> superb job. If this book had been available 30 years ago, I
> would be a real harp player by now.
> I was thinking just this evening that it might,just might,
> be as good as Tony Glover's book. (Yes, my tongue is
> firmly planted in my cheek.)

I'm sure Winslow's book is great, but I don't see why that means Glover's book isn't.

I feel obliged to point out that many of the people on this list, including Winslow, myself, and a number of well-known pros, learned a lot from Tony Glover's book "Blues Harp."  I certainly sounded a lot better after I read that book than before.  In fact, Glover was the reason I went to Oak Publications with the manuscript that was eventually published as "Jazz Harp"; I figured that if they were good enough for Glover, they were good enough for me.

In short, so far as I'm concerned, Tony Glover can do no wrong.

Regards, Richard Hunter