Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica for Dummies

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:37 PM, steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Richard....
> In my own lame way, i was just trying to point out the vast difference in
> technical information and just how the material is presented. I have nothing
> against Tony Glover and i enjoyed his book. In fact, I own two copies. As I
> wrote Winslow in a separate email, Glover had an influence on me. Especially
> since I live only 90 minutes from Minneapolis and had a chance to see him
> play once about 25 years ago, while I was just trying to figure things out,
> even a little bit.
> Glover, has in fact written some very entertaining reviews about the Twin
> cities music scene over the years and has a sense of humor.
> Steve Webb in Minnesota, where I am feeling properly chastised.

This thread has encouraged me to look for the Dummies book. I confess to
having just rekindled an interest in harmonicas that goes back through many
years of inactivity. What got me started was the Dummies' counterpart in the
Complete Idiot's series by William Melton and Randy Weinstein. I don't care
for the title of either book, but I can say in the case of the latter that
the book is well worth whatever I paid for it. I'm looking forward to the
Dummies. BTW - I also got a hold of Steve Baker's book on the diatonic harp,
also a terrific book.

--
Barts