[Harp-L] question about Rod Piazza song

Hey Ya'll,

I've been trying to decipher a like from a Piazza song for a couple of years
now.  Maybe somebody here might know.

The song is "Shaking Hands with the Blues" and the line in question comes in
the second verse.  I'll show the line with asterisks:

No Note, no secret letter,
Baby didn't even leave a clue
No Note, no secret letter,
Baby didn't even leave a clue
*I got to something, something, something,*
To keep from shaking hands with the blues.

Boy I would really like to know what the hell he's saying so when I sing it
with my band I don't have to sing "I've go to climb that big green wall, to
keep from shaking hands with the blues."

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh