From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Steve Baker
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 6:17 PM
To: IcemanLE@xxxxxxx
Cc: Harp-L
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Steve Miller Band - pre "POP RADIO HITS"

I grew up with Steve Miller's early recordings and still love them dearly.
Saw him live in London's Rainbow Theater in 1973, they had some technical
problems and he had to play half the show solo on a 12- string, absolutely
brilliant. After The Joker came out we wrote him off as a serious artist

On 13.10.2008, at 21:22, IcemanLE@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 10/12/2008 11:09:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> You can hear some great examples of this on Steve Miller's album
> Number Five
>

> Steve's first 5 albums are a fantastic collection of original music.
> He plays pretty good harmonica, too (Livin' in the USA).
>
> Steve also had Boz Scaggs in the early recordings, before Boz went on
> his own for a great set of original sounding music until he fell into
> "Lowdown" and also became a "POP RADIO HITS" artist.
>
> Steve was a hellacious blues dude in the early days.
>

> New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination.
> Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!

Steve Baker
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com