From: Buddha <groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 26 September 2008 17:28
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] sax vs harp - hate the sound of both

Yes,  Most reed instruments sound terribly harsh to my ears and it's
one of the biggest reasons that I play the way I do. I'm seemingly
cursed and blessed with the harmonica an instrument that I can't stand
on many levels but like many great relationships there is a heavy does
of love and passion.

The Hunter of Richardness declared:

Buddha (the harp-playing buddha, not the one represented in statues
all over southeast asia) wrote:
<In fact, I think the sax is one of the harshest sounding instruments I've
<ever heard.

Um, have you listened to Johnny Hodges or Ben Webster lately?

Not to mention Cannonball Adderly on "Kind of Blue"...

Regards, Richard Hunter