RE: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonicas as safety vests.?

If I ever find myself in a situation where bullets are flying, I'll try
to load my pockets with 16-hole chromatics! :o)

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of David Payne
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:09 PM
To: Harp L Harp L
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonicas as safety vests.?

I had forgotten about that. That's good stuff. There was a Hohner
Tremolo there and an F.R. Hotz. The Hohner was like the first shot I did
on the Marine Band with Jason, it was a quartering angle that hit near
where the coverplate and reedplate hit on the top. Deflected.

The F.R. Hotz guy, the guy whose harp they showed the closeup of, wasn't
so lucky. On that harp, a piece of shrapnel went entirely through the
harmonica and came out the other side, no doubt, slowed down a bit,
which could have saved his life, but I'm sure it was no fun for the
original owner that day. The exit hole is far too small for it to have
been a bullet, I'm pretty sure it was shrapnel.

Thanks for showing me that, even though I'd seen I had forgotten. I need
to see as many pics of those as I can before I start shooting for a more
serious shirt pocket test. THere's all kinds of variables here, a bullet
is going to be much more likely to pass through a harp fitting tightly
in a pocket than a loose one, for example. Looking at the pics can help
me figure out what's going on and reduce the number of variables I've
gotta test.

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas