[Harp-L] Coltrane-Magic Dick

The influence of the jazz horn on Magic Dick's playing, Coltrane or otherwise, is exemplified much more in the later Geils albums beginning with "Ladies Invited." Take a listen to Dick's solo on "Gettin Out" off the Nightmare's album for example. Or listen to his Louis Armstrong take on  "I'm not Rough" also from Nightmares, I believe. The last post Wolf Geils album,  "You're Gettin Even" really showcased Dick's ability to emulate the jazz horn more than any other album. IMHO that album was one of his best efforts and I was very disappointed that Geils disbanded after that. I saw Dick a few years ago and he confirmed that these recordings were  made with the standard diatonic and were done prior to the advent of his Magic Harps. He is truly a genius.