Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica within a larger Musical Framework was RE: Summertime

 But of course. This goes for just about any music/musician in any musical field. Gotta have some combo of head/heart both. Especially when venturing into "Summertime" "Misty" and those tunes that diatonic players are approaching.

sometimes all head knowledge and no heart knowledge leaves the playing flat and
soul-less.  not refering to you, my brother.  just a general comment.  i know
harp players that are technically better than me, but few play with the passion.
i regard rod piazza as top notch, but i don't hear any deep down feeling from
his playing.  butterfield, on the other hand, plays every note with so much
feeling and pain and agony and torture that it just hits me right here.  but
then again, it's all opinion i guess...