[Harp-L] 'Summertime' - playing with 'feel' rather than marvelling at 'speedy flashy' head tripping technique.

Billy James wrote:
"I enjoyed the chat re:'Summertime' - playing with 'feel' rather than
marvelling at 'speedy flashy' head tripping technique."

Why do folks think "speedy and flashy" means without feeling?

Why do people seem to think playing with feeling equals slow?

Personally, I play both ways and I know feeling is behind everything I
play. Howard Levy is "speedy and flashy" and so many instantly quip he
plays sans feeling. If you knew him personally, you'd know he's one of
the most emotive persons you'll ever meet.

Jason Ricci is another "speedy and flashy" player.  Does he play
without feeling? I think not!!!

There was a recent clip of summertime featuring another list member,
his playing was slow but I wouldn't consider it full of emotion or
feeling.