[Harp-L] exuberant exhibition of suffering

don't you mean an exuberant exhibition of verbosity?

RD writes:
Sorry Winslow;
                         Some of us are naturally 'wordy'.
RD

*************

Billy James writes:

I'm not talking 'fast or slow' or 'technique' really. I guess I'm just
saying that in a 'very real sense' the blues is fascinating spiritual
creativity with a very real history of suffering and struggle.

The same could be said about other forms of music. I find sufi,
hindusani and carnatic music to be deeply spiritual that is rooted in
suffering and struggle. feeling and spiritual creativity is not
exclusive to blues.

On the subject of teaching emotions. If you've ever punched a wall out
of anger or said stupid thing about playing patterns and lick rooted
from jealousy then then you can play with emotion.  You just have to
learn how to channel it.  the best way to channel is to know how to
squeeze out every nuance from your instrument and that means learning
scales and patterns.  soon enough the harmonica will become an
extension of you. Just like words from your mouth or a fist in a wall.