[Harp-L] RE: Beginner with harmonica quality problems!

I just find it strange that I haven't really touched a harmonica in over ten years, and now there seems that a bunch of harmonica companies that  I never really heard of before, have sprouted up or came "out of the woodwork". It's just hard to believe that after 10 years and with all this competition, a company has not come out with a harp that plays good out of the box? Isn't that what everybodys been complaining about for years?

As far as a custom harmonica goes, I am pretty sure I know what I would like in a harp. Who are some good but not super expensive harp builders? Also, if played with "good" technique, a custom harp could last years right?

-Ryan

http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008