Re: [Harp-L] RE: Beginner with harmonica quality problems!

A custom harmonica treated well would last forever. It might need repaired from time to time but you wouldn't throw it away when one reed was flatted.

Other than some of the very inexpensive manufactured in China product I'm pretty happy with the stock harmonicas available to me currently. Lee Oskar, Suzuki, Seydel, Hohner all make reasonable products of a sufficient quality that I would use one at a gig without altering it from stock.

Comparing the choices available to me when I started playing harmonica some 36 years ago versus now I would say the current state of the harmonica world is bountiful and the previous state was meagre. fjm