Fwd: RE: [Harp-L] Dermody on Grammy nominated album

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tom Ball <havaball@...> wrote:

John wrote:
Just heard through the grapevine that The Blues
Ain't News got nominated for a grammy (best
traditional blues).Ý The album is Mike Dowling's
(blues/swing/slide guitar ace), and Grant Dermody
(harmonca player/teacher/ and sometimes harp-ler)
plays harp on a few.Ý Grant's playing on It Hurts
Me, Too is especially fine.Ý Congrats.Ý
---------------
Hi John,
Both Grant and Mike are terrific players (as well
as friends,) but I'm afraid you're a bit
premature. The (first round) Nominating Ballots
were just mailed out last week. These include
1000s of CDs -- virtually everything released in
the past year. Voting to determine the five
nominees per category goes on until Nov 5, and
the actual nominations aren't announced until Dec
3.

As a NARAS member, I'll be casting my vote to nominate Grant and Mike
tho...

cheers,
Tom

So sorry about the Grammy confusion.  The "grapevine" gave me some
quick shorthand that wasn't exactly right.  I did a little double
checking and I believe this is the situation:
"The Blues Ain't News" has been selected for inclusion on
an "Eligible Entries" list that will be voted upon in the Grammy
category, "Best Traditional Blues". Its NOT a nomination, but the CD
has made it onto a ballot list of 55 recordings in this category,
from which voting members of the Academy of Recording Arts and
Sciences will select five for final nomination.
--John K.