RE: [Harp-L] Dannecker harps from the UK

> I've bought several harps from Tony Dannecker and always been very pleased with the level of service and quality of the product. Mostly I've bought his "tweaked" Special-20s which he does a good job of setting up and ironing out any out-of-the-box defects. They always arrive in eminently playable condition.
>
> I do have one of his custom Dannecker Blues, which I have to admit I bought at a knock-down price from a well-known internet auction site. I love it and having tried one out would definitely consider buying new from Tony himself.
>
> Regards
> Jim

I bought two SP20 low Ds from him ages ago and the first one has only just now gone south and I've used it and abused it to death.  He listens to what you want him to do and he delivers.  He charged me no extra for retuning a reed by a whole tone and putting the harps into equal temperament (ask him for straight tuning if you want this!)  Like Jim, I also bought one on eBay - a G Pro-harp.  I had to tweak the gaps and fine-tuning to my own taste ever so slightly, but it's a lovely, responsive harp.  Recommended without reservation.  He only does Hohners though!

Steve
X Factor: latest video, features and more. Click here!
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454063/direct/01/