[Harp-L] Re: Trill Truth Revealed

For what it's worth, I've produced trills for over 35 years and
there have been no probems us fer as i kin cee.

Seriously, I've had no problems. I played in a working band for
five years, otherwise it's been occasional gigs and lots of jams and
home practice.  So far, so good.

Cheers,

wolf kristiansen

"I had cataract surgery a few years ago, and the doctor who performed
 the operation became a friend of mine.  A few months later, he
happened to be in a club where my band was playing.  He watched me,
and after the gig he stated that shaking my head (trill) could
cause detached retinas, and other eye and health problems.  This was
a very knowledgeable doctor who was a leader in his field.  Since
that day, I no longer shake my head to perform a trill.  I shake the
harp.  I always think of this when I  see other harp players do the
head shake.

Has anyone had problems related to trills?

Harvey Berman"