[Harp-L] Buddha (Chris M.) custom harps

Recently, I formed my own band and decided it was time to treat myself
 to one of Buddha's harps.  I've had the opportunity to try a couple of
Filisko harps, as well as a few more that were built from members of
the Filisko guild.  Further, I've ordered harps from several of the
customizers who have participated on Harp-l and the like.  Buddha's (Chris M.) harp
is the BEST harp I've ever played....period!

Chris's price-point and extremely short turn over time is unmatched by anybody.  Don't get me wrong, those other harps from customizers have been a treat to play, but the real top end stuff runs up to $350!  Not only that, you have to get on a waiting list and spend months to years to get the harp in your hands.

Anything from the Filisko guild is out of this world, and Chrisʼs work is equally good... to say the least! What he hit dead on, and what the other harps I've tried often lacked, was the ability to play traditional bends and overblows without any kinks.  In my experience, if a custom harp has been set up to overblow, it will sometimes choke or feel tight when playing with a more traditional blues feel.  Chris
is an advanced player that knows exactly what a harp needs to help a player reach his or her maximum potential on the insturment.

On the Buddha harp I can easily hit a bend or overblow...heck, I can even bend the overblows.  I've even been able to hit some of the overblows and draws that I have never been able to nail on my other harps.  In a blues context, all my chording and tongue blocking, and bends have been smooth.  I don't have to switch harps based on the context of what I am playing.

I canʼt say enough about the quality of this harp.  There comes a point where a harp can limit good technique.  Nothing stinks worse then having your insturment fail you.  I have no worries about that on this harp.  This harp is worth every penny and I have every intention of buying more!!!

 Mike Fugazzi
Vocals/Harmonica
"The Mike Fugazzi Band"
http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.youtube.com/user/mikefugazzi

"Music should be healing; music should uplift the soul; music should inspire. There is no better way of getting closer to God, of rising higher towards the spirit, of attaining spiritual perfection than music, if only it is rightly understood."
-Hazrat Inayat Khan