Re: [Harp-L] The Price of Harmonicas

Maybe 'in theory' but if you throw in the harps customised for overblows, rooms full of amps and drawers full of microphones, effects, harp holders, harp repair equipment etc etc that some people on harp-l seem to possess, I think the cheap little harp is a myth for a serious player. On the other hand, few other playable instruments exist in such a cheap yet high quality form - tin whistle and that's about it. You can buy string instruments for fifty bucks, but they will be almost unplayable. You can buy little electronic keyboards - but something about them makes them not 'quite' musical instruments.
Richard