[Harp-L] Mid Ohio Valley Harmonica Championship coming up

  Y'all, reminder that the Mid-Ohio Valley Harmonica Championship sponsored by Seydel and Elk River Harmonicas is coming up. It's located in Belleville, WVa, on W.Va. 68 between Ravenswood and Parkersburg, WV. It's a couple of hours from Columbus about an hour from Charleston, W.Va.
  Now, we've got some decent prizes, thanks to the benevolence of Seydel USA. Seydel has donated an 1847, stainless steel reed diatonic, for a grand prize, a Seydel Big Six Blues, stainless steel reed 6 hole diatonic harmonica that's the world's first harmonica to come in a hermetically-sealed tin can for second place and a Seydel Solist for third place.
  The contest welcomes all players, diatonic, chromatic, regardless of skill. Goal is to have a good time. That's all I care about, people show up and have a good time. If a chromatic player wins, he/she has an option to put the retail value of their prize toward a Seydel Chromatic DeLuxe.
  Our judge? JASON RICCI! That's right, Jason Ricci is coming up from Nashville just to hang out and judge this thing. Did I say Jason Ricci is the judge? Jason is coming up at his own expense, we're just giving him a place to stay. So, I asked Jason to bring up some CDs to autograph and sell them, so I hope folks will buy some to help him with gas some.
  Afterwards, there will be a jam with all the accompanists at the homecoming grounds if possible, if not, I've got permission to hold it at a farm about a mile down the road and I'm trying to get as many local pickers to come over as possible, so we'll hopefully have plenty of guitars to play with. The jam is free, but if somebody wanted to sneak over to the milk barn and slip one of the Grahams (the farmers) a couple bucks, that would be great, but certainly not required.
  Many thanks to Seydel and Jason RIcci for their benevolence.

  Mid Ohio Valley
  Harmonica Championship
  Sept. 20, 2008
  Belleville Homecoming, Belleville, W.Va.
  Sponsored by C.A. Seydel harmonica company and Elk River Harmonicas
  with celebrity judge Jason Ricci.

  Signup 11:30 - noon. Contest starts at noon.
  Entry fee $10, may bring one instrumental accompanist. 5 minute limit for two songs. Jam to follow on nearby Graham Farm.
  Prizes:
  First place: Seydel 1847 harmonica (stainless steel reeds, $89.95 value).
  Second place: Seydel Big Six, six-hole stainless-steel reed harmonica.
  Third place: Seydel Solist harmonica.

  Located 12.3 miles south of Parkersburg, W.Va. and 14.5 miles north of Ravenswood, WVa. on W.Va. 68
  For more information, contact dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call (304) 488-7061.