Re: [Harp-L] unaccompanied harp

46long Blake <46long@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please do fire out ideas for pieces to play by yourself. Every now and then
I'm asked to play unaccompanied, or my partner breaks a string and I have to
fill 2-3 minutes on stage, and in neither case does riffing cover it.
Something melodic, perhaps even including vocals - heck, I can sing........

a few that i've wanted to use for this purpose. i work on them, off and on:

Hot Tuna: Embryonic Journey, Good Shepherd, Water Song
Dead: Sage and Spirit
Allman Bros: Little Martha, Blue Sky

mind you, i can't do justice to any of these yet.  probably do best
on "Good Shepherd" and "Blue Sky".  but they're fun to play.  maybe
once i get these down, i'll go for Hot Tuna's "Mann's Fate".
or Beethoven's 7th.

-- Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me. I'm a blues man. I am a prisoner of hope. I'm going to die full of hope. - Cornel West