Re: [Harp-L] Practicing Harmonica without a Harmonica

Doug Tate talks about that a lot in his playing harmonica well book. I've been meaning to mention this for a while, I was reading some gun magazines they have laying out over at this ice cream shop down the street, one had this story about English shotguns (way nicer than I can afford) in there by Douglas Tate. Anybody know if it's the same guy?

  Dave
  _______________
Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk River harmonicas
  www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Drum rudiments with the breath: Single stroke roll played as consecutive triplets; Paradiddle; Paradiddle-diddle; Ratamacue etc. etc.
In breath left hand, Out breath right hand - and the reverse.
RD

>>> "lil Buddha" 4/09/2008 0:51 >>>
I remember hearing about an interesting study involving teach children to
play golf without equipment. At least for the first part, they were
instructed to simply visualize playing. According to the study; when they
were then given clubs, they were equal or superior to a group that had been
practicing with equipment.
I am certain that most here think about harmonica even when not playing;
working out difficult passages and what have you.

But does anyone here have real, complete practice sessions without binging
their instrument to lips?