Re: [Harp-L] Re: Seydel 1847 v MB Deluxe

No doubt my several Seydel 1847 will outlast the one Marine Band Deluxe I own. It is not about the reed material though. It is because unlike the Seydels the MB Deluxe lives in my gig bag and actually gets played regularly. The jury is still out but so far the Seydel 1847 is answering a question I was not asking. Considering that it is not uncommon to find well played pre-war harmonicas for sale, in perfect tune and quite playable, longevity of reeds is not really much of an issue. All you Lee Oskar players out there, when is the last time you had a reed go bad? fjm