[Harp-L] Blues Notes & Microtonality

Just a personal observation:

I see blue notes mainly as moving notes or slides and use them to create tension by altering the pitch while I play them, rather like how a slide guitar player would do. They usually sound most effective moving upwards (eg from slightly below a minor 3rd through to just below a major third or the lowest bend in 4-draw all the way up to the natural note), but can also sound good sliding downwards. Exact pitch control of the bend and a smooth, gradual slide are important to make this work,

Steve

Steve Baker
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.stevebaker.de