Re: [Harp-L] Blues Notes & Microtonality

Good concise, clean description.

To get a handle on this sliding sound and controlling it, try to simulate a
cat crying - meeooooooooow - on hole 3 inhale. As Steve states, start slightly
 below the minor 3rd, let the note rise up towards the "ceiling" and bring it
 down again.

The cat crying could be a parallel to a moaning sound. It is the human
emotion in the moan that grabs the listener when it is recreated in a sliding
musical note - harmonica, slide guitar, synth w/pitch bend, human voice. This is
an expression of blues heart, harking back to the day of slaves working in the
 fields or the feeling of that woman having done me wrong.....

In a message dated 9/5/2008 5:45:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,