[Harp-L] Victoria Spivey-Spivey records-Bob Dylan

The first time I met Victoria was in the dressing rooms behind the stage of the "Bottom Line" in NYC. She was sitting with Muddy Waters and asking me for some "sugar" and Muddy feeling sorry for me not understanding her request told me she was looking for a kiss. I think this was the same show Muddy called up Paul Oscher, Danny Russo, and Dylan. Relative to the other players (I think Portnoy was his regular for that show too) Dylan galvanized the audience more with his personality than his playing per se. The bulk of the Spivey catalogue was the contemporary blues community of the time in NYC and that meant a lot of terrific harp players: Danny Russo, Nat Riddles, Bill Dicey, Paul Oscher, Sugar Blue, etc, and guitarist-singers like: Louisiana Red, and Larry Johnson, etc. I remember sitting in with her when I was 18: She was very generous, and very color blind. The George Smith inclusion of her album catalogue was entitled something like "The men of the Muddy Water's band". My best. d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues