Re: [Harp-L] Fifth Position, Major Third, Thanks for the hot tip

I did not follow the discussion, so please don´t blame me if somebody
already said this. Have you tried to play 5th position blues on a
chromatic harmonica? It´s fun too, and not too difficult, and you can
always play octaves.
Regards,
Dirk

Bradford Trainham schrieb:
So, during that recently protracted discussion of fifth position, I kept
thinking I'd have to find those (then to me supposed) major thirds he kept
referencing. And today, I indeed discovered.. That the three triple draw and the six
single draw will give you a major third. I still am fooling around with the notion of playing Blues-ish music like
that,wondering specifically what you do to substitute for chordal fragments
such as occur naturally within second position, but I'll keep"working on
it"... (annoying the cat).
So thanks again! This is by far, my favorite list/use-of-the-InterNet!
Brad (Assume the position, but don't assume anything else!) Trainham