[Harp-L] re: amp recomendations

For live rock harmonica: I like a low watt EL84 amp in triode mode with 2
twelve inch speakers. Often the vintage champ type amps have tiny speakers
which don't give me enough bass (champs record well). I use a green bullet.
I use a tight cup and the mic is about one finger from the harp. This gives
a nice, heavily compressed, overdriven sound. Outdoors you'd want to mic the
amp.

I find if everyone keeps the stage volume low, it's easier to hear
everything. Things are clearer.

Also--no matter what amp you use--put the harp as far in your mouth as you
can. Improves your amplified sound a lot.
--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com