[Harp-L] New Carlos Del Junco CD - Steady Movin'

I like Carlos. I like his playing. His sound is unique and easy
recognizable. Carlos has a solid vision of how his music should be  presented and has a
firm grasp on how to make an impact.

His new CD is the best one since his Big Boy release a number of years ago.

Carlos has a tendency to revisit some ideas and areas of his music that he
has developed, but it is such a high quality of evolution that, somehow, these
familiar areas are a joy to re-experience. He also has such a natural quirky
approach that there are also a lot of surprises in the midst of the
familiarity.  Carlos finds new ways to expand the SOUND of his harmonica - creating
sonic tone  colors I've never heard through ingenious use of double stops.

The CD starts off with Carlos' trademark high energy in your face
experience. He continues down a path of his favorite musical streets  - one vintage
James Bond style tune that could have been from the  soundtrack of a 60's spy
film, a traditional jazz tune, a solo Sonny Boy II  number, a virtuoso solo homage
to Howard Levy - Amazing Grace - full of  fantastic split tongue independent
moving line techniques and a bagpipe  simulation, a James Brown tribute, and
even a DeFord Bailey inspired  original.

The quality of sound is pristine. The CD packaging is first rate.  Everything
Carlos does shows his commitment to high quality and detail.

In short, this CD is highly recommended.

The Iceman