[Harp-L] whitebread Warren Bee

My comment is being taken and judged out of context. It needs to be
understood that I made that comment to Warren privately and the
"white" comment was a direct comparison to HOW HE PLAYS NORMALLY.  It
wasn't like I was judging his "color" compared to anybody else or even
other renditions of the same song. The comment never meant that I
think his playing is that way in general.

The conversation went something like this...
Warren - "What do you think of this?"
Buddha - "It's good but a little white for you."

All music aside, Warren Bachman is one of the more exceptional persons
I have ever met.  Few of you will ever meet/know a more genuine and
heartfelt person. If we all had a little bit of Warren in us, the
world would be a better place.

****
Brad Trainham wrote:

I have to agree that it's more homage to the tradition than race.
Music seems to be half a thing felt and half a thing studied/observed.
I didn't feel personally, in Warren's version of Misty that the intelect
overshadowed any "feeling"/"soul", but in this, my current "intermediate"
state of technical prowess, I found the sorts of cerebral devices he put
into the execution of the piece very instructive.
On the other hand, I thought, the piece worked from a place of feeling,
especially against the backdrop of the guitar arrangement, itself a little
on the "folky" side.
(Am I being ambiguous enough, or should I get closer to going further?)
Brad Trainham