[Harp-L] RE: Shure SM57 microphone questions

There's this flat tacky stuff that hospitals use under a patients dish. It comes on a roll about a foot wide. It enables the patient to eat with out pushing the plate around. It comes in red and blue that I know of.  Ask a physical therapist or nurse what it's called. I wrapped some around my 57 so that I don't have to grip it hard while trying to play the harp.  It won't slip from your fingers with a relaxed grip. That was back in the day when I was into holding the mic and harp looking for "that tone" with a guitar amp.  But now I prefer playing up close to the mic while it's in a stand through a PA.  This material I'm explaining has no glue. It's just tacky and lasts forever.  Ed, Johnstown, PA

Checked by AVG.