[Harp-L] Re: questions about high keyed harps

John F. Potts wrote:
(although the breath attack, NOT the embouchure, must be varied depending
upon the key and particular note/hole being played).

Exactly, except not quite exactly.... I have noticed this same thing. When I am
good and warmed up after playing for a while and my breathing is good, I notice
that my breath adjusts automatically for the note I am playing and the needed
tone for the feeling in the song at that moment. But I also notice a change in the
tension and shape of my lips, tongue, etc., which is reflexive, or you might say,
"one with" the change in breath attack. So, really, you're both right -- and both wrong.

My 2c (which I am willing to let go below cost -- contact me offlist for details)
Shockley