[Harp-L] Re: Emboucher

I wanted to thank John Potts for his tip re: a "purse lip" player putting the harp deeper in the mouth. After a number of years of playing and being a little uneven on the quality of deep bends on hole three mostly, I just tried his method and it worked beautifully to give me the smoother tone and steadier transition I was after. Previously, my lips were pushed out more, and though the notes came out strong and clear in most cases, I was not getting as uniform a sound when suddenly hitting the second and third draw on the three hole. Now it's beginning sound more on par with the other draws, and with good volume. I'm a Harp L "lurker", but I want you all to know that your conversations are being read by many like me. I've improved greatly over the past two and a half years and much of it is due to little pieces of info thrown out here. Thanks, Doug Parrish, aka Kingjas