From: "av1901@xxxxxxx" <av1901@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:03:09 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harp House

I for one will miss Kevin's Harps which later became the Best Little Harp House. I loved the catalogues and did a good deal of business with Kevin McGowan. While I usually called in my orders and had them shipped (quickly, inexpensively, and accurately), and later ordered from the website, I did enjoy visiting the physical "store" and Kevin himself.

For those who don't know, the operation was in the back of a small men's clothing store (McGowan's) in Bordentown, New Jersey, USA. Kevin had shelves full of harps and CDs in the back of the clothing store, with some cool signed promo photos of Willim Clarke, Junior Wells and Charlie Musselwhite, amongst others. I remember driving I295 up to see Kevin from my home town of Wilmington, Delaware to try out one of his Chrystal Balls microphones. I brought my Champ 12 amp (long gone) to the store and we went down in the basement to test it out. Bought it.

Never had a problem with the store and will miss them. Still have the catalogues..... the '2001, a Harp Odysey' catalogue was a clssic.

I have used Coast to Coast twice recently and have been VERY pleased with their website, selection, prices, service and delivery. They have the harps I've needed, and I just picked up a Holmes Harp Commander Jr.?They will get my business in the future and I highly recommend them to others. (I only wish they had a cool catalogue like Kevin's).

.....just wish I could still get a Special 20 for $17.99.

Andy Vincent