Re: [Harp-L] An interesting amp

As I recall, there were some hi fi audio speakers that were tesla coils.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 18, 2008, at 5:50 PM, "Arnold Wiliem" <arnoldw.id@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think I've seen this kind of amp before on youtube.

Some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ff_AXVlo9U

More complicated one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opf5jIukSBM&feature=related

Cool Zelda tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LudXCEZvn50&feature=related

Mario Bros tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZjbCbJbTCE&feature=related

Tetris game tunes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYHPZgq_Kgo&feature=related

Musical instrument with tesla coil amp:
Keyboard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUlqecQKUo&feature=related

Guitar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSAExHBrfwU&feature=related

More explanations about Using tesla coil as amp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOkTrqTd0hw&feature=related

But, for sure haven't seen hapist using this kind of amp. It would be
very interesting to see one playing bluesy tunes using this fantastic
amp.

Arnold

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Stachnik, George C (The Podcast guy)