Re: [Harp-L] Comb material - the last word?!"- There is no "last word"?

 SmoJoe says

Why does it have to be proven? Doesn't a person's personal feelings play a part? I mean, what is this, some kind of a contest? I mean, if it's proven or dis-proven would that make the world spin slower/faster? Why can't a person feel that they can perceive a difference? Isn't it possible that there are ringing overtones, microtones, or vibrations that a player prefers from one material in preference to another material. Why does everything center on whether the listeners can hear a difference??
?

It's like the silly tourage about tuning. There's just, equal, 12-tet, and yada yada.

I like the yada yada part. I'm trying to live in a simpler world -? there is no defining? pundit induced reality, only that which moves my heart and somewhat tickles my brain. The rest I leave for the academicians to argue. Their world is different than mine.

I like plastic or a fine processed custom wood come (a la Brad). I like GM's. I like 12 ET as a foundation for how I approach music. I like a "blue third" that doesn't have to be broken down into exact cents, but is fluid and alive, like a human voice, and sounds compelling.

However, without the hierarchy that ends in Punditdom, there would be a lot less posted on this list. In a human sense, everyone has a need to feel important in their own way.

Once again, to be politically correct, I proclaim loud and clear - THIS IS MY OPINION and I'm not trying to convince anyone that mine is better than theirs.