Re: [Harp-L] All of this Comb talk...

Derwood blues writes:

If you
think that the player is more important than the audience, then please go to
jam sessions and leave the performances to those who perform.

Not that the player is more important than the audience but if the performer is distracted by other issues then the performance can be diminished. I think this is all self policing anyhow. If a performer is distracted to the point that the audience experience is repeatedly diminished then opportunities for gigs will be few and far between. Stern lecture not withstanding. Just in case my initial post on this subject was misconstrued I will reiterate that Smokey Joe Leone's conclusion seemed right on the money to me. However we arrive at a gig ready to play be it worshipping at the altar of wooden combs or having just the right amplifier and microphone or simply having a pre gig ritual that lands you in you in a place where you are able to get up on a stage and play it's all about the same thing. Like Steve Baker I change harmonicas mid tune searching for what I think is the right harmonica for a particular song in a particular moment. I don't discount the importance of that for a moment. It might all be silly I don't really care if it ain't broke I ain't fixin' it. fjm