[Harp-L] Re: new harmonica trio idea

When I wore a younger man's clothes, we used to be able to determine the number of cylinders, whether a 2- or 4- stroke, the rpm and a whole bunch of characteristics of the engine with just good ears and a stop watch.

We could also determine the number of propellers, the number of blades on each prop and a whole bunch of interesting aspects of support equipment (generators, pumps etc) acoustically (and passively), from a long distance.

Sound propagation in water gives a whole bunch of tools for hunting submarines, and our main targets were diesel electrics.  Nukes were too easy - we left most of those for the Yanks!

However, my dodgy computer speakers and youtube sound quality make it tricky for these old ears to figure this one out.  I think its one engine - just a lot of rattle in the valves and peripherals.  And its probably easier to get into most venues than all the crap drummers bring with them!

Cheers

Maka

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail