[Harp-L] New Harmonica Trio Dave Payne Sr.

Hi Dave,
 I think the reason you think you hear two engines is this. The mic is placed at the end of the exhust pipe. It's an old engine that is loose, which means it makes a lot of noise when it runs. There is a slight time lag from when the pistons fire to when the exhust exits so you are hearing two noises, well actually three. One is the exhust note which you hear first because of the mic placement, two are the pistons and rods slapping around, and three is the valve train in the top end of the engine. Put it all together and you are hearing different noises at different times which could sound like another engine but I'm pretty sure it's just the one rattling around.
 I like to pull a harp out when it's raining and I'm driving with the wipers on and play along with the beat.

And the beat goes on,
Reach