Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:22:24 -0400
From: "Cliff Hall" <12barz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Treating reeds for stress
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

My metallurgical education is zilch.  Could somebody explain for any of us
who might be similarly impaired what the "stress" in the reeds actually
consists of?  Is it some kind of difference in molecular arrangement?  What
kind?  Is it measurable?  So far, it seems to be relieved by baking but
also by freezing.  I wonder if playing Mozart to the reeds might help?  Or
maybe some "smooth jazz".

Cliff