RE: [Harp-L] HarpGear HG35 vs. Mini Meteor

> From: dpro1@xxxxxxxxxx> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 20:05:41 -0400> Subject: [Harp-L] HarpGear HG35 vs. Mini Meteor> > I hear these are two of the best harp amps out there and I am interested in buying one of them. Heard all kinds of YouTube and other sound samplings online but never actually seen or played either one.> > Has anyone got any experience with these two amps. I'm looking for one that I can use at home for low-volume practice (I've been told both fit that bill) and still be loud enough to play with a full band in a mid-sized room.> > So what I don't know is really how they sound -- other than on my crappy little computer speakers through a YouTube video or an MP3 soundbite. Any thoughts from players with experience? Are these two amps comparably voiced and is there one that shines brighter for that horn-like tone on some of Little Walter's recordings? Thx, Don > I> _______________________________________________> Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org> Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx> http://harp-l.org/mailman/listinfo/harp-l
Hey Don,
 I own a Meteor which I've had about three years now, GREAT AMP. Tone to the bone and volume to spare. The customer support with this amp is also second to none. I live fairly close to where the Meteors are made, and I recently was able to test drive a Mini Meteor. If my wife wouldn't have divorced me, I'd have bought it on the spot. It's a really nice amp, just like it's big brother. Great tone at high volumes, and it doesn't "tone out" at the lower volumes. I can't say enough good about these amps. I gig two to four times a week and it makes me smile every time I play through it. As for the HarpGear amps, I've never played through one, but have read, and nothing but good about them. Hope this helps a little.
                                                                              Mike