Re: [Harp-L] Which Hole Number?

Richard Hammersley writes
"The sax guy is either slow, or he lacks insight into his performance."

While I agree in the most part, it doesn't have to work this way.
I play both Sax and Harp and I play both by "feel" and by concentrating on
what I am playing. There are times when I do both at the same time, reading
ahead of where I am performing, evaluating what is working, how it is
working and adjusting from there. And I have been told how natural and
relaxed I seemed after a performance in which I scrutinized EVERY sound,
movement and nuance while performing.

Randy,
As to understanding keys, you have to in order to play effectively. Now in
your case, as well as many others, that understanding may be subconscious;
but it is there nonetheless.

I agree with Smo-joe that practice; training your muscles to do what you
want them to do, when you want them to do it is the key.
After that, what works  for a performer can be highly individual.
The brain is a marvelously complex organ