To: "hazcon" <hazcon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] finding the holes :sacrilege

Rick -

Heat treatment aside, I don't follow you characterization of the scale degrees.

In second position, 6 Blow would be the tonic. I'm with you on that.

BUT

In second position the IV chord is the blow chord, and Blow 6 is the 5th in the chord. (the flat 7 would be either Overblow 6 or Draw 3 bent down a semitone.)

In second position, the V chord occurs in Draw 4-5-6, with Draw 5 being the (minor) 3rd of the chord. Blow 6 would be the 4th relative to that chord.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa