Re: [Harp-L] finding the holes :sacrilege

Rick,
When you say 6 is the flat 7th on the IV chord and the 3rd on the V
chord, I am confused.  Are you talking about Cross harp (2nd
position)?  In cross harp on a C harp, the key is G.  The note in 6
blow is G.  The IV chord in the key of G is C.  G is the 5th note in
the C major scale, it is not the flat 7th.   Bb is the flat 7th.  As
for 6 blow being the 3rd note of the V chord, that also confuses me.
In the key of G, D is the V chord.  G is the 4th note in the D major
scale, it is not the 3rd.  F# is the 3rd note.

Perhaps you mean something else and I am confused about what you are
saying.  What do you mean?
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com