[Harp-L] cryogenics

   I'm kind of surprised by the interest here.  I mentioned this back on
July 11, 2008 (harp cover lids and the deep freeze) and got one response
offlist.  Again, there was a very interesting article in the Chicago Reader
many years ago (December 11, 1992) entitled "Come Freeze Your Horn".  The
link is:
https://securesite.chireader.com/cgi-bin/Archive/abridged2.bat?path=1992/921211/CRYO1&search=deep-freezing%20musical%20instruments.
At that time, one of the leading harp customizers was experimenting with
this.  I just spoke to him a few months ago and he told me he still uses the
process.  I got the impression that he would use it more often if it wasn't
so expensive.

Mick Zaklan