Re: [Harp-L] Ben Bouman, Bertram Becher and Herbie Grezel three harp boogie in K-thal

Sounds like a Low A being played by what appears to be Ben Bouman on the left. When I think of all the trouble I went to just because I'd heard Madcat's Harmonicology and his song Dakota 400. He used a Low A a Picolo in A and a regular 10 hole. The minute I heard the low A I had to have one. At that time they were not commercially available so being an impatient person I made one myself. Being my first retuning effort of that scale it took me the better part of 2 days to finish. I took plates from the 2 lowest pitched Lee Oskars I could find. Silly me I used old plates. I think I was on hole 7 draw when I broke a reed. I was immediately on the phone with Mr Farrell ordering the reed replacement tool. This was all in early (March) 1995. That harmonica still plays just fine today. There is a lot of solder on those reeds. Not my most elegant retune but it sure has held up. Now you can buy the damn things pretty near off the shelf. I was just now locating this harmonica to play along with the bass part on the video. It was in a stack of Lee Oskars several of which were unmarked as to key. I just slapped the cases until I felt it ringing. My apologies to those listers amongst us who have lived long enough to hear this story repeated. If you don't have Harmonicology buy it.

recordinghttp://www.madcatmusic.net/store.html

The only other recording I can think of that is as eclectically harmonica is Sam Hinton's Master of the Solo Diatonic.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/samhinton

Darn I see I don't have a copy of the Ukulele recording. fjm